In general, you should start with 20 mg or less per day. Note, CBD is considered non-toxic and with no clinically proven side effects.
- Anti-inflammation: 5 to max 10 mg per 10 kg body weight in total per day, can be split over the day. After 10 days it can increase to max 10 mg per 10 kg per day.
- Chronic Pain: 2.5 to 20 mg per day for approximately 25 days.
- Severe Migraine: 40 to 50 mg per day.
- Relaxation: 5 mg per day.
- Sleeping disorders: 40 to 160 mg daily.
To make things easier, refer to our drop visual next to each of our CBD oils showing hemp concentration (%) in bottle and hemp amount (mg) in 1 drop.
Please note, these are informal suggestions and do not replace a consultation with your physician or certified health adviser.
CBD oils start working within 30 to 60 min. Lotions start slower and should be applied every 3 hours for optimal results. The right CBD dosage is a combination of the following factors:
- Concentration: Refers to total amount of CBD in a product. It’s different from dosage, which indicates the amount of CBD per serving.
- Bodyweight: Generally, heavier people need higher dose to experience the same effects of CBD, as with lighter people.
- Desired effects: It comes down to your level of pain or discomfort. Someone with chronic pain or severe anxiety may need a higher dose, whereas a person with a milder condition may use a lower dose.
- Tolerance: CBD consumers may develop a tolerance over time, which can result in less effect from the same dosage. Higher subsequent doses may be needed to achieve the desired results.